- There will be a maximum of 20 performances per showcase (this includes groups, solos, and duets).
- We host 2 showcases each year (Early Summer and Fall)
- $60 non-refundable registration fee per person for solos and duets.
- $40 non-refundable registration fee per person for Group Class performances.
- Solos: When registering, please indicate the intended level and genre of your routine (Dramatic, Entertainment, Artistic, Championship or Exotic).
- Discounts will be available to performers participating in more than one routine. (3 Performances max)
- Performance slots will be held on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You must be an active unlimited membership holder from now through the date of the showcase to perform. If your membership is set to expire before the showcase, we can extend it to retain your status.
- Your slot will only be guaranteed once registration fees have been paid.
- The registration fee due dates will be announced when we announce our showcase dates.
What You Get with Registration
- Your guaranteed spot in the showcase to perform.
- Your ticket to watch the entire showcase.
- One free guest ticket – additional tickets will be $20 each.
- A fully edited digital download of the entire showcase (DVD available, or Flash Drive available upon request for an additional fee)
- 2 practice times each week (see below for more information)
- Dress Rehearsal (See below for more information)
PoleFit Carolinas’ Showcases follow the same rules as PSO competitions. If it is not listed below, check PSO’s website, or contact Laura with any questions.
- Performers must wear “suitable dance attire” with all intimate body parts covered.
- No Pasties, Thongs, or G-Strings are permitted.
- If your costume is deemed inappropriate or breaks state laws, you will be asked to change.
- Props: No Fire, Glass, Real Weapons, Oils, Gels, or Dildos are permitted. (Sorry!)
- Music for each performance is capped at 4 minutes or less.
- Music must be edited and submitted as an MP3 no later than two weeks before the scheduled Dress Rehearsal. If we do not receive your music on time, your spot will be forfeited.
- We do not require the radio-edited version of your song, but excessive cursing is not allowed. The use of the N-word is strictly prohibited - please remove it or find a cleaner version.
- If you are unsure if your music is appropriate, please submit it in advance for pre-approval.
- If PoleFit Carolinas deems the song choice inappropriate, you will be required to find a new song, or your spot will be forfeited.
- One-hour weekly practice time slots will be provided in each studio. These timeslots are provided strictly to Showcase Performers at no additional charge and will be available to book through MindBody two months before the scheduled showcase.
- Performers (Solos, Duets) are welcome to attend Open Pole classes to practice routines with headphones. Performers cannot take up numerous poles in Open Pole for practice. If you are part of a group and would like to practice with headphones, you are also welcome to do so.
- If additional practice time is desired outside of our Open Pole classes and allotted timeslots, you may schedule a studio rental. Discounts on studio rentals are offered to all performers. Call for pricing (Group performances will require these extra rentals. If you plan to join a group, ask your instructor how often you will be renting the studio)
If you would like assistance choreographing your routine, we encourage you to reach out to your favorite instructor for help. All Instructors have a pricing structure that can be provided upon request. Each instructor also offers package discounts for performers!
There will be four weeks allowed for group performers to practice routines during regularly scheduled class time. We must limit this because not all members in each class will be performing in the showcase. After this, group performers will schedule studio rental time to practice their routines, if needed. If you choose to join a group performance, you must attend the classes and practice times (please see your instructor for their schedule). In the case that you miss classes or practice times, you may no longer be permitted to participate in the group performance.
- Dress Rehearsal will be held the Sunday before the showcase.
- As outlined above, music must be edited and submitted as an MP3 two weeks before the scheduled Dress Rehearsal.
- We will announce the Line-up 2 weeks before Dress Rehearsal, or as soon as all music has been submitted.
- You are required to attend Dress Rehearsal unless otherwise pre-arranged.
- Our Dress Rehearsal will be run in the same order as the Showcase.
PoleFit Carolinas reserves the right to change or update our policies at any time. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.